McDonough GA, NY, Rochester, South Carolina, Summerville
Posted 1 year ago
POSITION: Payroll Administrator
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
REPORTS TO: Human Resources Manager
The Payroll Administrator works under the supervision of the Human Resources Manager and is a member of the Human Resources team for the company. In this position, the Payroll Administrator will be focused on payroll processing as well as employee relations for multiple companies.
Essential Job Position Duties:
- Ensures that employees are set up correctly with correct profiles, employee status, rate of pay, on-boarding completion, EEO, Workers Comp set up, and Leave Policies.
- Knowledge of Multistate Payroll, federal and state payroll regulations and requirements
- Proficient in common Payroll systems (ADP, Paychex, etc.)
- Review and maintain Time & Attendance and process weekly payrolls for multiple companies.
- Develop systems and protocols to direct the collection, calculation and entering of pay data
- Establish timely processing of payroll in accordance with labor regulations and standard accounting principles.
- Guide staff with pay related issues, general questions related to payroll, PTO accruals, wage deductions, and fringe benefits.
- Operate regular payroll reporting as required and assist with financial audits related to pay records and associated general ledger.
- Research pay-practices related to FLSA, fringe benefit reporting and other payroll areas and determine how those practices apply to advise management.
- Direct voluntary deductions, as well as wage garnishments, pay levies, and other involuntary court-ordered payments in a timely manner, including reporting to the necessary authorities.
- Go over data entered by others in the payroll software to include, but not limited to salary/wage increases, benefit deductions, employee termination dates, and employee leaves of absence under FMLA or other unpaid leave
- Obey current payroll tax requirements and relevant laws associated with the processing of employee wage data, including payroll taxes, employee federal and state income and social security taxes and other required reporting.
- Successfully creates, administers, and or completes assigned Human Resources related administrative job responsibilities.
- Assist Human Resources Manager with monthly, quarterly and annual payroll reporting requirements.
- Reviews and responds to email inbox to internal and external questions, inquiries, and reports.
- Reviews and responds to phone calls and voice mail messages with a sense of urgency, while demonstrating a high level of customer service.
- Reviews and follows up with Hiring Manager and Human Resources Manager to ensure compliance with the FLSA (Fair Labor Standards Act).
- Reviews and completes any additional administrative tasks to support employees, managers, and direct supervisors.
- Team up with Human Resources, Information Technology, and other internal business partners to ensure security protocols for pay systems
- Addition duties as may be requested by the Human Resources Manager.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must be proficient in all areas of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Must be proficient in common Payroll systems (ADP, Paychex, etc.)
- Must be willing to sit at a desk in front of a computer for 8+ hours a day.
- Must have good communication skills and attention to detail.
- Shows a high level of accountability and performance.
- Good punctuality and attendance.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong sense of personal responsibility
- Mature attitude.
- Pride in work.
- Willingness to work overtime if needed.
- Ability to multitask and remain flexible.
- Attention to detail – Quality and organization are of the utmost importance.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with times of high stress and volume.
- Must work well in a team environment and maintain good communication skills.
- Ability to use good judgment and logic.
- Must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen
Experience and Education:
- Associate degree or equivalent combination of knowledge and experience is preferred.
|Job Category||Accounting, Payroll Administration|