The Human Resources Assistant works under the supervision of the Human Resources Manager and is a member of the Human Resources / Accounting team for the company. In this position, the Human Resources Assistant will be focused on Recruiting as well as New Hire processing and onboarding and employee retention.
Essential Job Position Duties:
- Facilitate the hiring process by coordinating job postings, resume review, and conducting initial screens.
- Identify staff vacancies and recruit, interview and select applicants.
- Create relationships and partner with staffing agencies to assist in coordinating the interviewing and hiring process of temp-to-hire staff.
- Refers qualified applicants to hiring managers for consideration.
- Maintains records on recruiting activities, as required.
- Assists with improving sourcing and hiring efficiencies.
- Assists with conducting reference and background checks.
- Assist with ensuring standard interview processes are being followed.
- Assist Human Resources Manager to develop and lead new employee orientations and on-boarding.
- Maintain records and compile reports concerning personnel-related data such as hires, transfers, performance appraisals, and absenteeism rates.
- Assist Human Resources Manager to plan, organize, direct, and coordinate personnel training activities.
- Provide current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, opportunities for promotion and employee benefits.
- Conduct exit interviews to identify reasons for employee termination and maintain off-boarding checklists.
- Assist Human Resources Manager with monthly, quarterly and annual reporting requirements.
- Addition duties as may be requested by the Human Resources Manager.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must be proficient in all areas of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Must be willing to sit at a desk in front of a computer for 8+ hours a day.
- Must have good communication skills and attention to detail.
- Shows a high level of accountability for product, performance and personal responsibility.
- Good punctuality and attendance.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong sense of personal responsibility
- Mature attitude.
- Pride in work.
- Willingness to work overtime / Saturdays (if needed).
- Ability to multitask and remain flexible.
- Attention to detail – Quality and organization are of the utmost importance.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with times of high stress and volume.
- Must work well in a team environment and maintain good communication skills.
- Ability to use good judgment and logic.
- Must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen
Experience and Education:
- Associate degree or equivalent combination of knowledge and experience.
|Job Category||Human Resource|